- Credentials: Research your orthopedic surgeon’s credentials. Make sure your surgeon has achieved appropriate education for your orthopedic needs.
- Experience: Discuss with your orthopedic surgeon their experience with the particular surgery
- Hospital Quality: Make sure that you are comfortable at the hospital where you may have your operation. Check the US News site for hospital ratings.
- Communication: Some patients enjoy a friendly doctor, others are looking for a more paternalistic approach.
- Reviews: Research other’s experiences by looking at their reviews online
- Insurance: Not all doctors will take your insurance. Check before making your appointment
- Comfort: If you’re not comfortable with your orthopedic surgeon, look elsewhere.
Share This Post With Others!