Telehealth or Virtual Visit with your Orthopedic Doctor – Easy Step-by-Step Instructions!Paul Norio Morton, MD2021-07-17T12:39:13-10:00
Dr Morton is Excited to Offer Virtual Visits!
At Dr. Morton’s office, we are continuously working on ways to remain innovative and continue to offer patients appointments despite distance or COVID-19. Patients who have trouble reaching Dr. Morton because of distance from a neighbor island or concern regarding the COVID-19 pandemic may schedule a virtual visit! We are happy to help you interact face-to-face through either an iPhone/Android app or through a web browser on your laptop.
Thinking about an orthopedic telemedicine visit? Please read the following:
Instructions for Connecting to your Telemedicine or Telehealth visit on Zoom.
You will receive an email after the visit is scheduled to confirm the date and time.
If you do not receive your invite before your meeting, please call and let us know. We will assist you in making sure you receive your invitation.
2. You may join the meeting either by clicking on the link or logging into your Zoom account and typing the Meeting ID and Passcode.
Zoom Invite to Orthoepdic Telehealth or Telemedicine Visit
3. Once you click on the link, you will receive a message asking you to open the Zoom app. Click on Open Zoom Meetings
You may use any device that has a compatible web browser or access to the Zoom app such as a laptop, desktop, iPad, Android, or iPhone. It is NOT necessary to download the app.
4. Please make sure your microphone and video are on. If you are having trouble reaching us via audio, we will call you through our landline. You may select whether you would like to communicate via phone or through the device that you are logged into for your telemedicine visit.
5. You will be placed in the waiting room. Dr. Morton will start the visit once he is available. Feel free to call the office to determine if we are running behind.
6. After you are done with your appointment, Dr. Morton will coordinate your visit with the office staff to ensure a smooth transition.
If x-rays are needed, we send orders to outside imaging companies. It’s best to allow 72 hours after x-rays are complete to have a telemedicine appointment to ensure we have been able to view your films.
We will do the best we can with visual aids for your telehealth visit. However, a telehealth visit cannot substitute for an in-person physical examination. If we feel that you would benefit from a physical examination, we will discuss this with you during your visit and schedule an in-person appointment.
Dr. Paul Norio Morton, MD is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon in hip and knee surgery, specializing in robotic joint replacements, complex joint reconstruction, sports injuries, and trauma. Reach out to him to learn more about treatment options for your problem.