At Dr. Morton’s office, we are continuously working on ways to remain innovative and continue to offer patients appointments despite distance or COVID-19. Patients who have trouble reaching Dr. Morton because of distance from a neighbor island or concern regarding the COVID-19 pandemic may schedule a virtual visit! We are happy to help you interact face-to-face through either an iPhone/Android app or through a web browser on your laptop.
Thinking about an orthopedic telemedicine visit? Please read the following:
- Telemedicine or telehealth visits are schedule appointments at a specific time with Dr. Morton
- Just like normal office visits, any patient deductibles and co-pays may apply. You should check with your insurance company regarding coverage.
- You will need either a computer with a webcam or a telephone with a front-facing camera (iPhone or Android)
- We use Zoom. After your telehealth appointment is booked, you will receive an email with your Zoom appointment.
- Please check into your patient portal and fill out your patient forms prior to your appointment.
- We look forward to meeting with you!
If you’re interested in setting up a telemedicine appointment, call us or request an appointment today.
Located on a Neighbor Island? No problem
We frequently schedule telehealth visits for patients who are otherwise unable to make it to the office. This helps us care for patients who live in Hilo, Maui, Kauai, or Molokai. Patients who are constrained to their home, have difficulty traveling or in a nursing facility often find that telehealth is more convenient.
Instructions for Connecting to your Telemedicine or Telehealth visit on Zoom.
- You will receive an email after the visit is scheduled to confirm the date and time.
If you do not receive your invite before your meeting, please call and let us know. We will assist you in making sure you receive your invitation.
2. You may join the meeting either by clicking on the link or logging into your Zoom account and typing the Meeting ID and Passcode.
Zoom Invite to Orthoepdic Telehealth or Telemedicine Visit
3. Once you click on the link, you will receive a message asking you to open the Zoom app. Click on Open Zoom Meetings
You may use any device that has a compatible web browser or access to the Zoom app such as a laptop, desktop, iPad, Android, or iPhone. It is NOT necessary to download the app.
4. Please make sure your microphone and video are on. If you are having trouble reaching us via audio, we will call you through our landline. You may select whether you would like to communicate via phone or through the device that you are logged into for your telemedicine visit.
5. You will be placed in the waiting room. Dr. Morton will start the visit once he is available. Feel free to call the office to determine if we are running behind.
6. After you are done with your appointment, Dr. Morton will coordinate your visit with the office staff to ensure a smooth transition.